Do you need a physical exam soon? Maybe you’re overdue for your annual physical or you need a physical for work. We can provide these physicals and much more here at Town Center Family Practice. We can also provide physicals for patients who don’t have Medicare. Read on to learn more about getting a physical with us at our Orange City clinic!
What types of physicals can you provide at your clinic?
Town Center Family Practice offers many different types of physicals, including annual physicals. Our physicians are board-certified to provide just about any type of physical, including:
- Men’s and women’s annual physicals
- Women’s wellness physicals
- Geriatric physicals for seniors
- School physicals for kids attending a new school
- Sports physicals for Adults joining a new sports league
- Basic checkups for patients anywhere from 18 to 100 years old
- Pre-employment physicals
- Worker’s compensation physicals
- And more
What should I expect at a physical exam?
A physical exam is generally very straightforward. The only thing we ask of our patients is that they bring any referral form they received, if applicable.
Town Center Family Practice has a fully integrated medical record system (EMR) that gives us accurate access to patient healthcare data. This allows us to pull any electronic records we require for the physical exam.
With our clinic, you can expect a physical to:
- Take into account your medical history, prior test results, age, and personal needs
- Take into account any particular areas of risk you have, such as a family history of weight problems
- Include blood pressure and heart rate tests
- Include a visual exam of your body, reflexes, and motor functions
- Include a check of your nose, ears, throat, heart, lungs, speech, and skin
- Be an opportunity for you to bring up any health questions or concerns
We can also provide blood tests, EKGs, and vaccinations, if required.
What should you not do before a physical exam?
A physical exam is no big deal, but there are a few things you should avoid doing beforehand. This can help to ensure accurate results and a quick and easy exam. We recommend:
- Not drinking coffee before getting a blood pressure test or a stress test
- Avoiding high-fat foods before having any blood drawn, if necessary
- Not taking cold medicine before a sick visit (the doctor may want to evaluate your symptoms without the effects of medicine)
- Not using deodorant before getting a mammogram
- Avoiding red foods before a colonoscopy
- Not drinking alcohol before a cholesterol test
Where can I get a physical exam near me in Orange City, FL?
You can get a physical exam right here at Town Center Family Practice. We offer comprehensive primary care services for families, including physicals for patients aged 18 to 100. We accept most major insurances, and we can provide physical exams for non-Medicare patients too.
For physical exams in Orange City FL, get in touch with our clinic today! You can book a simple meetup or a full physical with us at (386) 774-0188. Our clinic is located over at 1043 Town Center Dr, Orange City, FL 32763, and we’re open to patients from Orange City, DeBary, Deltona, Deland, and beyond.
We look forward to meeting you soon here at Town Center Family Practice!